What ARE CataractS?
What to Expect from Cataract Surgery
Your doctor will provide you with specific post-op instructions on caring for your eyes, including tips on utilizing the eye drops that will help during the healing process. You may be required to wear a protective shield while your eye heals, and it’s essential that you refrain from touching, rubbing, scratching, or pressing on the affected eye for one week.
After your surgery, you will need a driver to take you home safely, and you will be given written instructions from the surgeon detailing your customized treatment plan and follow-up appointments. Please keep all follow-up appointments and call our office if you have additional questions.
Cataract Surgery Is:
Patients can expect:
- Visual improvement within a few days
- Return to function within a few days
- Standard lens implant
- prescription glasses may be needed
- Toric (astigmatism correcting) lens implant
- gives good distance vision, reading glasses are still needed
- Multifocal lens implant
- gives a range of vision and reduces the need for glasses at distance and up close
- Drop reduction
- Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
- Complex Cataract Surgery
* Information shown above are approximations. Individual case may be different.